PRIO and Dommo confirm studying strategic operation

(PN) Amid rumors indicating that PRIO (PetroRio) was acquiring Dommo, the two companies provided clarification on the possible operation to the Securities and Exchange Commission. In short, the companies confirmed that they are evaluating a strategic operation, with the possible purchase and sale of assets. However, there is still no binding document or decision on the matter.

Dommo declared that PRIO is one of the participants in a process opened by the company to evaluate “strategic options in its sector of activity”. PRIO, in turn, stated that it is “natural” to analyze a business opportunity at Dommo, as it is a consortium operator of the Polvo and Tubarão Martelo fields.

As a reminder, PRIO is the operator of the cluster formed by Polvo and Tubarão Martelo, in the Campos Basin, with an 80% share. Dommo owns the remaining 20%. In January of this year, Dommo Energia acquired Prisma as its main shareholder, which took control of the company, seeking new strategic options in its sector.

Leave a Reply

This site uses Akismet to reduce spam. Learn how your comment data is processed.

Powered by WordPress.com.

Up ↑

%d bloggers like this: