Búzios breaks record monthly production record in June – 616 thousand barrels per day

(TN) The average monthly production of 616,000 barrels of oil per day (bpd) achieved in June at the Búzios Field, in the pre-salt layer of the Santos Basin, is the highest monthly average volume recorded in this field since the beginning of its operation in April 2018. According to Petrobras, the total represents an operational efficiency of 95%.

The company accounts for 91.7% (564,000 bpd) of the volume produced, and the remaining 8.3% (51,000 bpd) refers to partners. “The result was achieved with the contribution of the four platforms in operation in the field: P-74, P-75, P-76 and P-77,” the Petrobras note said.

New Platform

The oil company’s planning includes the entry into production, in 2023, of the fifth platform in the Búzios field, which is the FPSO Almirante Barroso, of the floating oil production, storage and transfer (FPSO) type. . “The unit will have the capacity to produce up to 150,000 bpd and process up to 6 million m³ of gas. With the new system, the prospect is that the Búzios field will reach the mark of 33% of Petrobras’ oil production in 2026”, concluded Petrobras

Leave a Reply

This site uses Akismet to reduce spam. Learn how your comment data is processed.

Powered by WordPress.com.

Up ↑

%d bloggers like this: