Baker Hughes, Halliburton and Schlumberger signed Bacalhau well contracts with Equinor , in the Santos Basin pre-salt. According to the operator, the average local content is estimated at 74%.
– The total value of the services is of the order of US $ 455 million, with a firm term of 4 years and two options of extension for another 2 years. First oil from the field is scheduled for 2024.
– The Baker Hughes contract covers drilling and completion of wells; Halliburton will provide intervention and coating services; Schlumberger will provide profiling services.
– “Together with our partners, we are currently maturing the project towards a final investment decision (FID) that is planned for 2021”, said Trond Bokn, acting senior vice president for project development at Equinor.
– Bacalhau was delimited after the discovery of Carcará, in BM-S-8. Equinor operates the field, with 40%, in partnership with ExxonMobil (40%) and Petrogal Brasil (20%). A portion of the asset was contracted through the sharing scheme (Norte de Carcará).
– Earlier this year, the company closed the engineering contract (front end engineering and design – FEED) with MODEC for the Bacalhau FPSO, one of the largest projects under development in the world, with a production capacity of 220 thousand barrels / day.