Petrobras on E&P assets in Santos Basin

September 8, 2020

Petróleo Brasileiro S.A. – Petrobras, following up on the release dated August 10, 2020, informs the beginning of the binding phase regarding the sale of 50% to 100% of its stake, with the passing of the operation, in the BM-S-51 concession,  in the Santos Basin. The concession is located at water depths ranging from 350 to 1,650 m and about 215 km off the coast of São Paulo.

Potential buyers qualified for this phase will receive a process letter with detailed instructions on the divestment process, including guidelines for due diligence and the submission of binding proposals.

This disclosure complies with Petrobras internal rules and is aligned with the provisions of the special procedure for assignment of rights on exploration, development and production of oil, natural gas and other fluid hydrocarbons, provided for in Decree 9,355/2018.

This transaction is in line with the strategy of portfolio optimization and improvement of the company’s capital allocation, aiming at generating value for its shareholders.

About BM-S-51 concession

The BM-S-51 concession was acquired in ANP’s 7th Bidding Round in 2005 and is in the 1st Exploratory Period, with a remaining commitment of drilling one well in order to comply with the Minimum Exploratory Program.

Petrobras is the operator with an 80% stake in this asset, in a consortium with Repsol Sinopec Brasil, which holds the remaining 20%.

Leave a Reply

This site uses Akismet to reduce spam. Learn how your comment data is processed.

Powered by

Up ↑

%d bloggers like this: