NEW BÚZIOS PHASE WILL BEGIN IN 2024 USING FPSOS WITH GREATER PRODUCTION CAPACITY

Jul 15, 2020

The Búzios field is the highlight of the news this Wednesday (15). The novelty now is that the second phase of the asset should begin in 2024, according to Petrobras president Roberto Castello Branco. The executive also confirmed that, in this new stage, FPSOs with a greater production capacity than those used in phase 1 of the field will be used.

“We are working on the production development project [from phase 2]. We hope to start it in 2024 ”, said the executive. “It is a bigger prospect than in Phase 1, with a more substantial volume of reserves. It will require the use of more platforms, with greater capacity ”, added the president. The statements were made during a webinar promoted by MegaWhat.

The platforms used in the first phase of the field had a production capacity of 150 thousand barrels per day. In the new stage, units will be used that can produce up to 225 thousand barrels per day, according to Castello Branco.

Earlier, as we reported, Búzios had already been in the news twice. The first was due to the field’s new production record, set earlier this week. Then, the other novelty was the agreement between Keppel and Modec to build the topside of the FPSO Almirante Barroso, which should start producing in the area in 2022.

DISINVESTMENTS: CASTELLO BRANCO SAYS THE SALE OF ASSETS IS FOR THE GOOD OF SHAREHOLDERS AND BRAZIL

During the webinar, the president of Petrobrás returned to defend the divestment program of the state-owned company, saying that the attitude aims at the “benefit of the company’s and Brazil’s shareholders”. To reinforce his thesis, he compared the financial gains of a refinery and exploration projects. “The return from a refinery tends to be usually lower than exploration and production,” he declared. In this light, Castello Branco claims that by investing in businesses that bring more financial return, Petrobras management is “strengthening the company”.

Despite the pandemic scenario, the executive reinforced again that the divestment program is still alive. Regarding the sale of refineries, he recalled that the sale process of the Landulpho Alves Refinery (Rlam), in Bahia, has entered the final stage for the Mubadala fund and that the parties are now negotiating the purchase and sale agreement.

Regarding the other refineries that are being negotiated, the president said that the Covid-19 scenario ended up interrupting the process of visits by potential buyers. Therefore, these businesses were postponed. Castello Branco concluded by saying that the sale of other assets, outside the refining area, also continues to move and promised “news in the coming weeks” within these divestments, but without going into details.

Source: PetroNoticias

Leave a Reply

This site uses Akismet to reduce spam. Learn how your comment data is processed.

Powered by WordPress.com.

Up ↑

%d bloggers like this: