Petrobras signs contract for sale of power companies

Petróleo Brasileiro S.A. – Petrobras, following up on the release disclosed on 09/11/2020, informs that today it signed contracts for the sale of its 20% stakes in Termelétrica Potiguar S.A. (TEP) and 40% in Companhia Energética Manauara S.A. (CEM) to Global Participações Energia S.A. (GPE), through its subsidiaries GFT Participações S.A. and GFM Participações S.A., respectively. The total amount of the transactions is R$ 160.3 million, of which R$ 81.3 million by TEP and R$ 79 million by CEM, to be paid upon closing of the transactions, subject to the adjustments provided for in the contracts.

The transactions are subject to the fulfillment of precedent conditions, such as approval by the Administrative Council for Economic Defense (CADE).

This disclosure to the market is in accordance with Petrobras’ internal rules and with the special regime for divestment of assets by federal mixed economy companies, provided for in Decree 9,188/2017.

This operation is aligned with the company’s portfolio optimization strategy and capital allocation improvement, aiming at value maximization.

About the power companies

TEP is a holding company controlled by GPE (holding 80% of its capital stock, Petrobras holding the remaining 20%) that holds direct equity stakes in Areia Energia S.A. and Água Limpa Energia S.A., owners of small hydroelectric plants, located in Tocantins, with installed capacities of 11.4 MW and 14.0 MW, respectively. In addition, TEP owns 60% of CEM’s share capital (Petrobras owns the other 40%). CEM owns a natural gas thermoelectric plant located in the state of Amazonas, with 85.4 MW of installed capacity.

About GPE

GPE has operated in the power generation segment since 2001, controlling seven plants distributed in the states of Rio Grande do Norte, Amazonas, Tocantins and Bahia. GPE recently signed a contract with Petrobras to buy three more thermoelectric plants, located in the Camaçari Industrial Cluster in the state of Bahia.

Leave a Reply

This site uses Akismet to reduce spam. Learn how your comment data is processed.

Powered by

Up ↑

%d bloggers like this: