The federal government intends to leave six petroleum auctions approved for its successor, three auctions of concession areas and another three of the pre-salt areas. The information is from the Secretary of Oil and Gas of the Ministry of Mines and Energy (MME), João Vicente Vieira, who participated in Rio de Janeiro seminar Resumed and... Continue Reading →
QGEP leaves Pernambuco-Paraíba Basin
09/13/18 The Company had already requested postponement of the exploratory period of PEPB-M-894 and 896 last year QGEP returned blocks PEPB-M-894 and PEPB-M-896, in the Pernambuco-Paraíba Basin. The company operated the two blocks acquired in the 11th round in 2013 with a 30% stake, in partnership with Petra. With this, the operator will no... Continue Reading →
BW expects to renew agreements with Petrobras
9/13/18 Charter of the FPSOs City of São Vicente and City of São Mateus ends in 2019 BW Offshore wants to renew this year with Petrobras the agreement to charter the FPSOs Cidade de São Vicente and Cidade de São Mateus. The contractual period of the two vessels ends in 2019, with an extension option... Continue Reading →
DOF closes AUV campaign with Petrobras
9/13/18 Company will acquire data in the Barracuda and Caratinga fields, in the Campos Basin DOF Subsea signed a contract with Petrobras to provide data acquisition services with AUV (autonomous underwater vehicle) in the Barracuda and Caratinga fields, in the Campos Basin. The work in the fields, which are located in water depths ranging from... Continue Reading →
Total enters Orinduik block offshore Guyana
French oil major Total has exercised its option to acquire a 25 percent working interest in the Orinduik block offshore Guyana after a competent persons report identified potential for almost three billion barrels of oil equivalent. Eco Atlantic, a partner in the Tullow-operated Orinduik block, said on Thursday that Total E&P Activités Pétrolières, a wholly-owned... Continue Reading →
Petrobras Arbitration in Argentina
Rio de Janeiro, September 12, 2018 - Petróleo Brasileiro S.A. – Petrobras informs that it was served yesterday of an arbitration filed by Consumidores Financieros Asociación Civil para su Defensa ("Association") against the company and other individuals and legal entities, before the “Tribunal de Arbitraje General de la Bolsa de Comercio de Buenos Aires”. Among... Continue Reading →
Petrobras no longer functions as an arm of government, says ANP director
September 13, 2018 The director general of the National Agency for Petroleum, Natural Gas and Biofuels (ANP), Décio Oddone, believes that the oil and gas sector in Brazil is facing an unprecedented moment in its history, marked by the shrinking performance of Petrobras and the approximation of the national market to the global with regard... Continue Reading →
Brazil’s Lula Names Heir Amid Heated Presidential Campaign
Brazil’s imprisoned leader Luiz Inacio Lula da Silva on Tuesday endorsed his running mate Fernando Haddad as his party’s presidential candidate after electoral officials barred the leftist icon from running in the October election. The endorsement came just before the end of a Sept. 11 deadline for the Workers’ Party to name a replacement for Lula, who... Continue Reading →
Enpro Subsea turns attention to Brazilian market
Aberdeen-based oil and gas production optimization specialist, Enpro Subsea, has made a new senior advisor appointment in the Americas as part of its plans to expand in Brazil. The company has appointed Francesco Santoro as its strategic consultant in South America. Primarily based in Rio de Janeiro, Santoro has more than 40 years’ experience in... Continue Reading →
Petrobras enters new phase of exploration
September 12, 2018 Less than a year after acquiring Peroba, in the Santos Basin pre-salt, Petrobras plans to start the exploratory campaign in the area next month. The drilling marks a new cycle of exploration of the company, concentrated in the 20 assets acquired in the auctions of the National Petroleum Agency (ANP) since last... Continue Reading →