Petróleo Brasileiro S.A. – Petrobras, in compliance with article 12 of CVM Resolution no. 44 of 08/23/21, informs that it was notified by Capital Research Global Investors (CRGI), an independent investment division of Capital Research and Management Company, that it sold preferred shares issued by the Company, and that on 11/05/21, it began to manage less than 5% of the preferred shares issued by Petrobras, no longer qualifying as a holder of a relevant stockholding interest in the company’s capital stock, according to the information below.
- CRGI used to manage 290,238,415 Company’s preferred shares, corresponding to 5.18% of this type of stock and, as a result of the above mentioned operations, now manages a total of 275,013,760 Company’s preferred shares and ADRs representing preferred shares , which represent 4.90% of this type of stock;
- In addition to the above mentioned participation, Capital World lnvestors and Capital International lnvestors, as independent investment divisions of Capital Research and Management Company, manage, respectively, 6,603,586 common shares and 2,586,929 preferred shares issued by the Company, corresponding to 0.08% and 0.04%, respectively, of such share types. These are minority investments that do not change the composition of the Company’s control or management structure;
- the purpose of the aforementioned share interests is strictly investment, whereas there is no intention to alter shareholding control or the administrative structure of Petrobras;
- CRGI did not celebrate any contracts or agreements governing the exercise of voting rights or the purchase and sale of securities issued by Petrobras;
- CRGI has registered headquarters at 333 South Hope Street, Los Angeles City, California State, 90071, United States of America.