New auction for  the Transfer of Rights surplus transferred to 2021, says Minister

April 3, 2020

The auction of the Atapu and Sépia TOR surpluses, pre-salt fields in the Santos Basin, is being scheduled for June 2021, the Minister of Mines and Energy, Bento Albuquerque said last Thursday (2). They are volumes offered, but not contracted in the auction of the Transfer of Rights in 2019.

The minister participated in a conference promoted by XP Investimentos, alongside the presidents of Petrobras, Roberto Castello Branco, and Eletrobras, Wilson Ferreira Júnior.

“We continue, for example, with planning for Sepia and Atapu, which is scheduled for June 2021. This is something that we have established as a priority and we do not feel the need to change that priority. They are in the pre-salt polygon and have a natural attractiveness because they are the two fields that remain from the Transfer of Rights, ”said Bento Albuquerque, when asked about the resumption of investments after the covid-19 crisis.

The auction of the surplus of the Transfer of Rights in 2019 contracted the volumes of two of the four fields offered, practically all by Petrobras, ending with a signing bonus of R $ 69.96 billion.

The auction ended without bids for Sépia and Atapu, two of the four fields available and which had no offer guarantee, since Petrobras had not previously expressed interest in being the operator of the new sharing contracts.

With the pandemic and the economic slowdown exacerbated in the oil sector by the price war unleashed by Russia and Saudi Arabia, the government decided to postpone the entire 2020 energy auction schedule.

The 17th round of concession of blocks from the National Agency of Petroleum, Natural Gas and Biofuels (ANP) and the auctions for generation and transmission of energy, coordinated by the National Electricity Agency (Aneel), are indefinitely postponed.

Source: epbr |

Leave a Reply

This site uses Akismet to reduce spam. Learn how your comment data is processed.