Dec 22 (Reuters) - The Trump administration suspended leases on Monday for five large offshore wind projects that are under construction off the U.S. East Coast over what it called national security concerns, sending shares of offshore wind companies plunging. The suspension was the latest blow for offshore wind developers that have faced repeated disruptions to their... Continue Reading →
U.S. has assured Guyana of support for territorial integrity, amid tensions with Venezuela – VP Jagdeo
Dec. 19 (oilnow.gy) Guyana’s Vice President Bharrat Jagdeo said on Thursday that the United States has assured Georgetown it will support and protect the country’s territorial integrity, including American assets operating in Guyanese waters, amid heightened tensions between Washington and Caracas. During a press conference in Georgetown, Jagdeo responded to questions about the possibility of... Continue Reading →
US Government Debates Reconsidering Approval of Virginia Offshore Wind Project
Dec. 17 (Reuters) The Trump administration is reviewing whether to send the Interior Department's Biden-era approval of a Virginia offshore wind project back to the agency for reconsideration, according to a court document filed on Wednesday. The agency is conducting a review of offshore wind leases to comply with Interior Secretary Doug Burgum's July order to end preferential treatment... Continue Reading →
Trump Targets Venezuelan Oil Exports with ‘Sanctioned’ Tankers Blockade
Dec. 17 (Reuters) U.S. President Donald Trump ordered on Tuesday a "blockade" of all sanctioned oil tankers entering and leaving Venezuela, in Washington's latest move to increase pressure on Nicolas Maduro's government, targeting its main source of income. It is unclear how Trump will impose the move against the sanctioned vessels, and whether he will... Continue Reading →
US Judge Overturns Trump’s Ban on Wind Energy Project Permits
Dec. 9 (offshoreWIND.biz) A federal judge has struck down the US President Donald Trump’s indefinite halt of all federal approvals and permitting for new wind energy projects. In a ruling on 8 December, Judge Patti Saris of the US District Court for the District of Massachusetts ruled in favour of 17 US states and the... Continue Reading →
Trump Administration Requests Remand of Federal Approval for Another Offshore Wind Farm
Dec. 3 (offshoreWIND.biz) The US Department of Justice (DOJ) has asked a federal court to remand the federal approval of the New England Wind offshore wind project to the Bureau of Ocean Energy Management (BOEM), which issued it last year and now wants to conduct further review, according to a filing submitted on 2 December... Continue Reading →
Gunvor managers buy out CEO Tornqvist as company seeks ‘definitive reset’
Dec 1 (Reuters) - Global commodity trading house Gunvor's CEO Torbjorn Tornqvist will step down and sell his shareholding in a management buyout, weeks after the U.S. dubbed the firm the "Kremlin's puppet" over its past Russian links. The firm said on Monday that Americas head Gary Pedersen, hired by the company last year, will... Continue Reading →
Seatrium fights back after Maersk Offshore Wind axes near-complete WTIV
Dec. 1 (splash247.com) Seatrium has escalated its dispute with Maersk Offshore Wind’s affiliate Phoenix II, launching arbitration over the abrupt cancellation of a near-complete wind turbine installation vessel (WTIV) originally contracted at $475m. The Singapore yard filed its notice of arbitration on 28 November under London Maritime Arbitrators Association terms, seeking a ruling that Phoenix... Continue Reading →
Colombia’s Petro Claims Trump’s Venezuela Push Is Really About Oil
Nov. 26 (oilprice.com) The Trump administration is after Venezuela’s oil with its military campaign against the South American country, the president of Colombia, Gustavo Petro, told CNN in an interview. “(Oil) is at the heart of the matter,” Petro told the U.S. news outlet. “So, that’s a negotiation about oil. I believe that is (US President... Continue Reading →
US companies hold the line at climate talks despite Trump
Nov 24 (Reuters) - Despite the U.S. government souring on the global climate agenda ahead of the COP30 summit, American companies did not shy away. A Reuters analysis of attendance lists shows there were 60 representatives of Fortune 100 companies at the Brazil event, compared with 50 at last year's in Baku, Azerbaijan. Still others attended pre-conference... Continue Reading →