Transocean to Acquire Valaris for $5.8B

Feb. 9 (Reuters) Oilfield services firm Transocean said on Monday it will acquire peer Valaris in an all-stock deal valued at $5.8 billion, expanding its exposure across deepwater, harsh-environment and shallow-water basins worldwide. Transocean shares were down 4% at $5.16, while Valaris shares were up 14.6% at $71.61 in premarket trade. Oilfield service providers have... Continue Reading →

Ibama Authorizes Decommissioning of 5 Fields in the Sergipe Basin

Dec. 1 - Ibama has authorized the decommissioning of five shallow-water production fields in the Sergipe Basin, which are part of the state's offshore field cluster. The fields are operated by Petrobras, which had already announced the closure of exploratory activities in the units in 2020. The specific fields authorized for decommissioning are:GuaricemaCaiobaCamorimDouradoRobalo The activity... Continue Reading →

TotalEnergies, Petronas, and QatarEnergy set their cap on hydrocarbon exploration off Guyana

Nov. 25 (offshore-energy.biz) Three energy giants – France’s TotalEnergies, Qatar’s state-owned QatarEnergy, and Malaysia’s Petronas – are joining forces to explore the hydrocarbon potential of an offshore block in Guyanese waters. To this end, QatarEnergy has confirmed the signing of a production sharing agreement (PSA) for shallow-water Block S4 offshore Guyana, following the award of the block through... Continue Reading →

Suriname puts 60% of offshore basin on offer in new Staatsolie open-door programme

Nov. 24 (oilnow.gy) Staatsolie launched its new Open-Door Offering this morning, creating new opportunities for exploration and production companies to enter the Suriname-Guyana Basin. The initiative was formally announced by Managing Director Annand Jagesar, who stated, “This initiative opens new opportunities for exploration and production companies and aims to maintain a high level of exploration activities offshore... Continue Reading →

TotalEnergies, QatarEnergy and Petronas receive green light to explore in Guyana

Nov 11 (Reuters) - Oil producers TotalEnergies, QatarEnergy and Petronas have signed a five-year agreement with Guyana's government to explore a shallow-water block, authorities and company executives said on Tuesday. Guyana has struggled to diversify its energy industry, currently dominated by a consortium that is led by U.S. Exxon Mobil and that has controlled all crude... Continue Reading →

Blog at WordPress.com.

Up ↑