Oct. 27 (Reuters) Venezuela's oil ministry will ask the presidency to suspend a wide cooperation agreement with Trinidad and Tobago for energy development, including joint gas projects in negotiation, the South American country's oil minister said. Trinidad's previous government had been planning numerous joint gas projects with Venezuela, including the 4.2 trillion cubic feet Dragon... Continue Reading →
US shipbuilders, ports take knock-on hit from Trump assault on offshore wind
Oct 22 (Reuters) - U.S. shipbuilders and port operators are getting hit in the fallout from President Donald Trump’s campaign to wipe out the offshore wind industry, suffering hundreds of millions of dollars in lost government support, vanishing vessel orders, and an uncertain future for the billions of dollars' worth of investments. The impact represents an unintended... Continue Reading →
Seatrium, Maersk Offshore Wind Head to Arbitration Over $475M WTIV Dispute
Ocy. 22 (OE) Singapore’s Seatrium has received a notice of arbitration from Maersk Offshore Wind’s affiliate, regarding the dispute over the termination of a $475 million contract for a nearly completed wind turbine installation vessel (WTIV) originally intended for Equinor’s Empire Wind 1 project in the United States. The arbitration notice, received on October 21,... Continue Reading →
Brazil risks postponing the first offshore wind auction in 2026
Oct. 8 (Agencia Eixos by Gabriel Chiappini and Gustavo Gaudarde) The Working Group, announced last week, to discuss the regulation of offshore wind power, by the National Energy Policy Council (CNPE), has dashed the hopes of industry representatives that the third Lula administration would hold the first auction for the transfer of land for offshore... Continue Reading →
CNPE approves guidelines for offering oil and gas blocks beyond 200 nautical miles under the production-sharing regime
Oct. 1 - The National Energy Policy Council (CNPE) approved, this Wednesday (October 1st), a resolution establishing guidelines for the inclusion of oil and natural gas exploration blocks under the production-sharing regime located beyond 200 nautical miles, in accordance with the Brazilian Continental Shelf Survey Plan (Leplac). The decision represents a regulatory milestone for the... Continue Reading →
CNPE Authorizes Auction of Production Individualization Agreements for the Mero, Atapu, and Tupi Oil Fields
Oct.1 -The National Energy Policy Council (CNPE) approved, this Wednesday (October 1st), a resolution authorizing Pré-Sal Petróleo (PPSA), a state-owned company linked to the Ministry of Mines and Energy (MME), to hold the Auction for the Sale of Rights and Obligations arising from the Production Individualization Agreements (AIPs) for the Mero, Atapu, and Tupi Shared... Continue Reading →
Chevron expects up to $400 million quarterly impact from Hess deal
Sept 25 (Reuters) - U.S. energy major Chevron said on Thursday it was expecting to take a hit of $200 million to $400 million in the third quarter related to the Hess deal. Chevron closed its $55 billion acquisition of Hess in July after winning a landmark legal battle against larger rival Exxon Mobil to gain access to the... Continue Reading →
Orsted Shares Rise After Court Win Against Trump Administration
Sept. 23 (Reuters) Orsted shares rose on Tuesday after a U.S. federal judge ruled it could resume work on an almost completed offshore wind project in the United States, delivering a win for an industry under sustained attack from President Donald Trump. But the victory may prove short-lived, as analysts warn the White House could appeal the decision or... Continue Reading →
US Federal Judge Grants Go Ahead for Orsted Offshore Wind Project
Sept. 22 (Reuters) Danish offshore wind developer Orsted can restart work on the nearly finished Revolution Wind project off the coast of Rhode Island, a federal judge ruled on Monday, after President Donald Trump's administration halted the project last month. The ruling is a legal setback for Trump, who has sought to block expansion of offshore wind in U.S. waters. It is a palpable... Continue Reading →
US court weighs Trump halt on Rhode Island offshore wind project
Sept 22 (Reuters) - A federal judge on Monday will consider a request by Danish offshore wind developer Orsted to restart work on the nearly finished Revolution Wind project, which President Donald Trump's administration halted last month. Orsted and its joint venture partner Skyborn Renewables are asking Judge Royce Lamberth of the U.S. District Court in... Continue Reading →