Feb. 12 (TN) The Brazilian government has made decisive progress in national energy policy by authorizing the expansion of areas for oil and gas exploration in deep and ultra-deep waters in the Campos, Santos, and Espírito Santo basins. This historic decision, built in an integrated manner between the Ministry of Mines and Energy (MME) and... Continue Reading →
Vaca Muerta expected to lift Argentina energy surplus to new record in 2026
Feb 5 (Reuters) - Argentina could surpass last year's record energy trade surplus in 2026, supported by infrastructure that has improved the country's capacity to ship oil and gas from the Vaca Muerta shale formation, analysts said. The 2026 energy trade surplus could range from $8.5 billion to $10 billion, and would depend mainly on... Continue Reading →
The State of Rio de Janeiro Approves Offshore Wind Energy Policy
Jan 12 - Rio de Janeiro has taken a decisive step towards energy transition by approving a public policy specifically aimed at developing offshore wind energy. The new legislation establishes guidelines for the orderly use of maritime space and creates a favorable environment for attracting investments, generating skilled jobs, and strengthening the maritime economy. Regulatory... Continue Reading →
UK Economy to Reap GBP 6.1 Billion from 3.6 GW Dogger Bank Offshore Wind Farm
Nov. 6 (offshoreWIND.biz) The 3.6 GW Dogger Bank Wind Farm, which will become the world’s largest offshore wind farm once fully operational, will boost the UK economy by GBP 6.1 billion (approximately EUR 6.9 billion) during its lifetime and support thousands of UK jobs over the next decade, according to a report written by BVG... Continue Reading →
Slowing Vaca Muerta oil activity could pose challenge for Argentina’s Milei
Oct 7 (Reuters) - Drilling and fracking activity in Argentina's Vaca Muerta, the world's fourth-largest unconventional oil reserve, is plateauing due to lower oil prices and rising costs, a slowdown that could complicate the political agenda of libertarian President Javier Milei. The huge Vaca Muerta formation in western Argentina accounts for 64% of the country's... Continue Reading →
‘Targeted Attack’ | US DOI Plans to Revoke More Permits; White House Seeking to Engage Health and Human Services Department?
Sept. 5 (offshoreWIND.biz) In a matter of months, the US offshore wind industry went from a growing investor and employer to an industry that is now undergoing what Oceantic Network called a “targeted attack” after reports emerged that the US Department of the Interior (DOI) plans to revoke federal permits for two more projects. The Trump administration has reportedly also asked... Continue Reading →
Trump’s Collision Course With Brazil / How U.S. Policy Is Playing Into China’s Hands—and Remaking Latin America
Sept. 2 (foreignaffairs.com) In April, when Donald Trump announced his “Liberation Day” tariffs on dozens of countries, Brazil emerged largely unscathed. Brazilian exports to the United States became subject to ten percent levies, the baseline rate, escaping the debilitating tariffs applied to the goods of some U.S. allies. In late July, however, Trump declared that... Continue Reading →
Brazil starts formal process to assess US tariff retaliation
Aug 28 (Reuters) - Brazil's Foreign Ministry has ordered trade body Camex to start analyzing whether a local reciprocity law could be used against the United States after U.S. President Donald Trump imposed steep tariffs on several goods from the South American country. The law, passed earlier this year by Brazil's Congress, establishes a legal framework... Continue Reading →
Brazilian oil could find new destinations in the face of Trump’s tariffs
(Reuters) - Brazil has logistical and commercial flexibility to preserve the competitiveness of its oil on the international market if the 50% tariff announced by U.S. President Donald Trump on Wednesday comes into effect on August 1, experts told Reuters. Oil is the main product on Brazil's export list to the U.S. and until now was exempt... Continue Reading →
Trump sets 50% US tariffs on copper, Brazilian imports starting in August
(Reuters) - U.S. President Donald Trump launched his global tariff assault into overdrive on Wednesday, announcing a new 50% tariff on U.S. copper imports and a 50% duty on goods from Brazil, both to start on August 1. "I am announcing a 50% TARIFF on Copper, effective August 1, 2025, after receiving a robust NATIONAL SECURITY ASSESSMENT,"... Continue Reading →